Monday 29 July 2013

DIYMONDAY: Orange Juice and Baking Soda Anti-Acne Face Mask!

I think it is safe to say that I LOVE DIY MONDAY because it means I get to share with you guys ways to get beautiful skin that makes you feel confident!

Today's recipe is to help with acne prone skin; it helps to reduce black heads and minimise pores. Sounds like we are on to a winner here! All you need is some ORANGE JUICE and BAKING SODA and 20 minutes for you to relax!

   +    = WIN 






So let's go!

Ingredients:

1 tea spoon of fresh ORANGE JUICE

1 table spoon of BAKING SODA

What to do:


  1. Mix 1 tspn of orange juice with 1 tblespn of baking soda until you form a nice paste-like consistency. 
  2. Spread a thin layer over the face and leave for 20 mins. (The paste will dry so try not to talk/laugh/smile as the mask will flake off!) 
  3. After 20 mins, wet hands with warm water and massage the fingers over your face, loosening the mask and buff gently the surface of the skin for deep exfoliation. 
  4. Rinse and then go ahead with your normal moisturiser routine!
Simple as that! Now this is not a long term fix for acne-prone skin. If you suffer with acne, it is worth visiting a dermatologist to find a long term solution to help with acne troubles, however if you suffer with break outs now and then, this is a great treatment to help keep those pesky spots at bay! I would recommend only using this mask once a week. 


Let me know how you get on and leave me your links in the description box for any home-made remedies you have on your blog. I would love to read them!

Lots of love as always,




P.S. Don't forget to follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo