Tuesday 17 April 2012

Almond Oil makes for beautiful hair

Almonds, yum yum yum!







Hey everyone, so I am back with another tip for you and this one is for healthy, shiny hair. WIN!
I don't know about you, but I used to suffer seriously from hair fall out. I hated looking at the carpet because I found hair all over it; when I was in the shower I hated having to clean out the drain to find a huge ball of hair caught in the plug hole. I was on the phone to my mother and told her about my trouble with my hair when she told me a secret. When she was younger her mother (my granny or as I call her mammar) would massage almond oil into her scalp and run it through the lengths and ends of her hair. Now I have seen pictures of my mother's hair and oh my goodness it was thick, long and shiny.


Almond oil is a rich source of Vitamin E and the nut itself is rich in magnesium and calcium (so make sure you eat your 23 a day!). 


Method:
Pour a few drops of almond oil into the palm of your hands. Dip your fingers and gently apply to the scalp, massaging in circular motions. The almond oil adds shine and luster to the hairs making them look and feel healthy. The massaging action aids blood flow to the scalp. 


The benefits of this method are:

  • smoothing of the hair follicle 
  • makes hair stronger
  • adds shine to the hair
  • controls hair fall
I tend to do this on 3rd day hair. I apply it in the evening and then tie my hair back into a high bun, so it looks like a sleek style. The next day, I shampoo and condition as normal. Your hair will be left feeling smooth and shiny and smelling great and I have had much less fall out!

Give it a try and let me know how you got on. 

Love,

E-L xo

(P.S remember to keep checking back regularly for more beauty secrets!)

11 comments:

  1. im using a hair oil thats all natural and contains almond oil and i have seen a difference as my hair was just falling everywhere but now its much better :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant news! Mine is the same, but I am using pure almond oil. My hair has never smelt nicer than when I've got it in my hair! :)

      E-L xo

      Delete
  2. wow this is amazing, i never thought of applying almond oil to my hair. definitely going to give thise one a try. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and the follow. I will do the same and thanks for letting us know about the almond oil. I will give it a try.

    http://spyingthebest.blogspot.com/

    XX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really nice for dry hands and dry cuticles too.

    Is the elephant on your neck a real tattoo? It's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give that a go!

      Yes, it is. I had it done a while ago and love it! Thank you :)

      E-L xo

      Delete
  5. Oh my! Thank you so much!!

    E-L xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo